Western Wire Product Company Fabricates Custom-Made Springs
Custom-Made Springs Per Your Company’s Specifications
Leading wire forms manufacturer, Western Wire Products Company (based in St. Louis), is a major U.S. producer of wire forms and custom-made springs. We provide businesses with a wide range of custom fabrication services. We are full-service wire forms fabrication company and we offer product design assistance, engineering services, materials selection options, rapid prototype work, CNC wire bending/CNC wire forming services, multi-slide forming, four-slide forming, precision-machining, a range of primary fabrication services, blank wire threading (including secondary threading), and fabrication of simple or quite complex custom wire forms. Additionally, we provide our business customers with an extensive list of secondary operations and services, product finishing services (plating, coatings, electro-coatings, various types of treatments, etc.), and bulk packaging.
Western Wire Products Co. fabricates several product categories of wire forms including: Custom Springs, Mechanical Fasteners, general Wire Forms, Wire Handles, and Wire Hangers. You mayview our wire forms catalog/Visual Index for more information and specific product details by wire form category or product types (pdf file downloads available). We supply distributors, suppliers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), the Plumbing & Electrical sector, the automotive sector (automotive wire forms), HVAC, Maintenance and Repair Operations (MROs), Aerospace Hardware, and many other types of markets including heavy industry and other types of manufacturing companies.
Businesses may contact Western Wire Products Co. to purchase any of our standard inventory wire forms or to request fabrication of custom-made springs that meet your specifications and market sector standards. Please contact Western Wire Products Co. if your company needs a full-service fabrication of custom-made springs or other types of wire forms. You may call us nationwide at 800-325-3770; or, e-mail us at: [email protected].
Custom-Made Springs Direct from the Manufacturer
As a custom spring manufacturer, Western Wire Products Co. offers business customers a wide range of fabrication and finishing options for custom-made springs. Our general types and options for custom-made springs includes some of these options (please refer to the bullet points below this section for wire diameter specifications):
- ASME-compliant springs or compliant with additional market sector specifications per request (military-grade and Navy-compliant, specifically, AN, MS, NAS, and NASM standards)
- Industrial wire products – industrial-grade or meeting heavy duty manufacturing requests within our specified wire diameter machining capabilities
- Precision compression, extension and torsion per your company’s specifications/requirements on custom-made springs
- Stainless Steel torsion springs
- Stainless Steel wire springs
- Alternative Stainless Steel grades including Type 302/304, and Type 420 Stainless Steel
- Standard duty and plain steel grades available
- Steel torsion springs
- Wire springs – fabricated primarily utilizing MB Spring Wire; other metals available
Production Capacity for Custom-Made Springs
With over 100 pieces of production machinery, including CNC wire bending, CNC wire forming, multi-slide forming, and four-slide forming machinery, and also precision-machining equipment, we can accommodate a wide range of custom fabrication requests accommodating a wide range of standardized wire diameters. We can assist your company with design, engineering, materials selection options, rapid prototype work, and production runs (includes full-service primary fabrication, secondary operations, product finishing, etc.).
Currently, our production capacity for precision, custom-made springs and other wire forms includes the following:
- Blank wire bending, forming and threading
- Lower-volume production run using CNC/precision wire forming (CNC wire bending and CNC wire forming machinery) utilizing standardized wire diameters ranging from 0.016” to 0.625” (metric sizes ranging from 0.4 mm to 16 mm)
- Higher-volume production runs using other precision machinery (e.g. four-slide forming ormulti-slide forming machinery) utilizing standardized wire diameters ranging from 0.028” to 0.562” (metric sizes ranging from 0.75 mm to 14 mm)
- Strip steel/Stainless Steel wire fabrication services for wire up to 16 gauge
- Additional base materials selections include Aluminum, Brass, Copper, iron (hanger iron), cold-rolled steels, galvanized steels, mild steels, and various Stainless Steel grades—we can explore alternative metals, grades and alloys for custom production runs
- Precision fabrication services using alternative Stainless Steel grades including Type 302/304 or Type 420 Stainless Steel
- Primary fabrication services for springs including design, engineering, blank wire bending/forming, wire threading if applicable, and single-to-complex multiple bends, compression, extension and torsion per specifications
- Sanitary, Stainless Steel, custom-made springs fabrication services—passivation of various Stainless Steel grades for sanitary applications such as agricultural/agri-business, sanitary food processing, distribution, preparation and consumption (e.g. storage equipment, refrigerators, coolers, freezers, doors, under-counters freezers, etc., used at restaurants and grocery stores), and even for medical device manufacturing and assembly
- Secondary operations: Austempering, bending, chamfering, coining, deburring and vibratory deburring, drilling, general machining, in-process staking/staking, notching, punching, wire stamping, wire swaging, tapping, primary and secondary threading, undercutting, product assembly, additional welding, and other services as requested
- Finishing services include: various types of electroplating (various metals, galvanization of steels, powder coatings, passivation for sanitary-use Stainless Steel wire forms, and a wide range of finishing treatments such as heat treatments, neutral air treatments and hardening
- Bulk packaging
- Shipping to locations in the U.S. and worldwide
Request a price quote on custom-made springs or other types of wire forms that will meet your company’s specifications and market sector standards.
Western Wire Products Co. Ships Custom-Made Springs and Wire Forms Throughout the U.S. and Globally
U.S. business customers may order any of our inventory wire forms, request custom fabrication services for custom-made springs or other types of wire forms. We ship inventory products and custom production runs direct to your preferred business location or warehouse. Also, U.S. business customers may take of our custom fabrication services and also inventory stocking options including LTL shipping (location-to-location), “just-in-time” shipping, Kan Ban stocking and/or direct shipments of up to complete production runs.
Western Wire Products can ship most inventory wire forms and custom-made springs worldwide. If your business is located in Canada, in Mexico, in Central America, or in South America, or your business is located in Europe, Australia, Japan, or elsewhere in Asia, then please contact us direct about your orders and to discuss shipping options and customs requirements.