Wire Forms with Chamfers and Additional Secondary Operations
Full-Service Wire Forms Manufacturer for Production, Chamfering, Secondary Operations and Finishing
If your company needs a partner who fabricates wire forms and can offer secondary operations including creating precision chamfers in wire forms, then be sure to discuss your production requirements and specifications with Western Wire Products Company. We are a leading U.S. wire forms manufacturer that has an extensive wire forms inventory, and also offers full-service wire forms fabrication of standard, specialty, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and custom wire forms. We also provide our business customers a wide range of services including product design and engineering, prototyping, primary fabrication services, secondary operations including chamfering and creating chamfers in preparation of deburring, as well as a range of product finishing services including bulk packaging and shipping services.
Western Wire Products Co., located in the St. Louis metropolitan area, has been in business for more than 100 years and we have a wide range of production machinery options available at our facility including CNC and precision wire forming machinery. Your company may contact Western Wire Products Co. for inventory purchases or to request wire forming services including creating wire forms with chamfers or other precision fabrication requirements. You can reach us nationwide wide at 800-325-3770, or by e-mail at: [email protected].
Precision Wire Forming with Chamfers and Additional Secondary Operations
Western Wire Products Co. is a full-service wire forms fabrication company offering a wide range of production services. With over 100 pieces of precision and CNC production machinery at our facility in Fenton, Missouri, we can offer your company wire forms fabrication with chamfers as well as many other specific secondary operations and product finishing services. As stated, wire form chamfering is part of our extensive list of secondary operations and finishing services.
Precision fabrication services, including precision- and CNC-machining options, and creating precision wire form cuts or chamfers as part of secondary operations, is available on almost any our standard range of materials for wire forms fabrication. For general fabrication, Western Wire Products Co. can offer your company general wire forms fabrication services including, but not limited to:
- ASME-compliant fabrication standards
- Wire form fabrication design, engineering, and rapid prototype work of simple geometries or complex wire forms geometries
- Primary, precision wire form machining
- Precision secondary wire form machining (e.g. chamfers, secondary threading, chamfering in preparation of deburring, etc.)
- Lower volume production runs accommodating CNC-machining, CNC wire bending and CNC wire forming techniques
- CNC production work that accommodates 0.016” to 0.625” wire diameters (metric sizing of 0.4 mm to 16 mm)
- Higher-volume, precision machining and production utilizing four-slide forming techniques, and/or multi-slide forming techniques accommodating 0.028” to 0.562” wire diameters (metric sizing of 0.75 mm to 14 mm)
- Metric sizing on some inventory; metric sizing on custom production runs
- MB Spring Wire (our most common metal for general wire forms fabrication)
- Strip Steel Wire to 16 gauge
- A wide range of other metals and grades (see below for a few examples)
Western Wire Products Co. Meets a Wide Range of Manufacturing Standards and Specifications
Western Wire Products Co. meets a wide range of production standards on various metals and coating in our general wire forms fabrication services. We can accommodate ASME and ASTM specifications or highly specialized standards. Some of the types of metals along with industry standards/grades/specifications that we can utilize for your OEM, specialty or custom chamfered wire forms fabrication includes:
- U.S. Government, military and Navy standards (e.g. NASMS (MS) and NASM (NAS); MS24665 (NASM24665), or MS9245 (AS9245))
- Other common standard compliance grades, materials and fabrication standards for various types of wire forms includes:
- Grade 5056 Aluminum and standard or common Aluminum grades
- Black Oxide coating meeting stringent MS24665 or NASM24665 specifications
- Brass and Brass meeting MS standards
- Cadmium-plated metals
- MB Spring Wire
- Phosphate-coated metals
- Plain finishes, heat treating, neutral atmospheric treatments, various plating options/coatings
- Nickel-coated metals
- Steels: Plain Steel grades, Commercial-Grade Stainless Steels, galvanized steels, Type 302/304 Stainless Steels, Type 316 Stainless Steel, T420 Standard Duty Stainless Steel, ASME B18.8.1, ASME B18.8.6M (metric standards), corrosion and heat-resistant steel AS7211 or Type 321 Stainless Steel, Zinc-coated and heat-treated 1035-1040 Carbon Steel, other Carbon Steel grades, and High Carbon Steel grades
- Zinc Yellow Chromate
- Additional metals and alloys, additional grades of specific metals, and additional coating options available
- Western Wire Products Co. can explore other alternative metals, alloys, grades, coating, finishing and plating options for business customers requesting custom fabrication orders
Western Wire Products Co. produces a wide range of industry-standard, OEM, specialty and completely custom fabricate wire forms for diverse market sectors. A few additional markets include: OEMs, Maintenance and Repair Operations (MROs), distributors, suppliers, hardware suppliers, for the Aerospace Hardware sector, the automotive sector (review automotive wire forms and mechanical fasteners), the construction sector, the Plumbing & Electrical sector, for HVAC manufacturing and repair companies, sanitary Stainless Steels (with secondary operations including passivation) for medical device manufacturers, agri-business, food processing/distribution/service/sales, particularly for refrigerated equipment parts supply, etc.; and, as previously mentioned, highly specialized Government and military sectors.
Creating Wire Form Chamfers
Western Wire Products Co. accommodates a wide range of wire diameters for custom wire forms fabrication. As a full-service wire forms manufacturer, we offer chamfering services, where applicable, on general wire forms production or even with our wire form tube forming and tube fabrication(usually square wire form fabrication). We produce a range of stampings, square wire tubing, and other forms that may require different versions of chamfering. Please let us know if you require single chamfers, angle cuts/beveled edge cuts, chamfers in drilled holes (usually on a flat or square surface such as square wire tubing, stampings, contact assemblies or wire form plates, etc.), or chamfers in corners or wire forms 45° cuts are common, but let us know if you need 15°, 30°, or 60° chamfers or other angles of cut, V-cuts or other standard chamfering—please note that we do not offer undercutting at this time. Also, the secondary operations of creating chamfers is frequently a preparatory step for other secondary operations that we offer, specifically deburring or vibratory deburring.
Request a custom wire forms fabrication quote including chamfering, or feel free to contact Western Wire Products Co. for assistance, to tell us about your project, and to set up a time to discuss your wire forms fabrication needs. Please let us know about your company’s market sector standards/specifications as well.
Secondary Operations Available Western Wire Products Co.
Western Wire Products Co. can accommodate a wide range of general primary fabrication requests, secondary operations and product finishing services. Our extensive list of secondary operations includes: chamfering, Austempering, primary and/or complex wire form bending, CNC-machining, deburring, in-process staking, galvanization for steels, general machining, precision-machining, passivation of Stainless Steel grades for sanitary applications, applying plating, coatings, or electro-coats/e-coating (e.g. Brass, Cadmium, Copper, Nickel, tin, Zinc, and other metals), powder coatings, punching, staking, stamping, strip forming, swaging, tapping, secondary threading, application of various treatments (e.g. atmospheric/neutral air treatments, case hardening, various heat treatments, stress relieving treatments, vacuum heat treating, etc.), vibratory deburring, and welding services. We also provide product finishing services as well as bulk packaging on custom production runs.
Request a quote on custom wire form fabrication, chamfering, secondary operations and additional fabrication services direct from the manufacturer. Please let us know about your company’s particular requirements and market sector standards/specifications.
Standard Wire Form Product Categories and Catalogs Available Online
We accommodate a wide range primary fabrication operations and custom production work meeting machining requirements for, and can offer and other precision-machining needs. We offer customers a wide standardized inventory of products in several categories including: general wire forms, mechanical fasteners, wire handles, wire hangers, and even custom springs, which meet ASME standards as well as a wide range of other market sectors standards and industry specifications.
Review our wire forms catalog and/or Visual Index to learn about our standard wire forms inventory.
Western Wire Products Co. Ships Worldwide
If your business requires a custom manufacturer for wire forms, then let us know about your project requirements. If your company is looking for a supplier or manufacturer that can handle large production runs and fulfillment requirements, then most likely Western Wire Products Co. can accommodate your production requirements. We ship inventory wire forms and also custom wire form fabrications throughout the United States and globally. We ship to locations in Canada, Mexico, the rest of the Americas, to many locations in Europe, to Australia, to Japan, and companies in many locations throughout Asia.