Western Wire Products Company in St. Louis Manufactures Cotter Pins for a Range of Standards
Leading U.S. Manufacturer of Cotter Pins and Wire Forms
St. Louis-based Western Wire Products Company offers a wide range of standardized Cotter Pins and variant products direct from our inventory. We also manufacture a wide range of OEM, standardized, specialty and custom wire forms and Cotters. In business for a 100 years, we are a leading U.S. manufacturer and supplier of wire forms of all types to diverse market sectors including for OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers), MROs (Maintenance and Repair Operations), parts distribution channels, and for international wire forms distributions and supply.
We also custom fabricate wire forms of all types including various styles of Cotters. Individual companies are welcome to purchase wire forms direct including: mechanical fasteners, wire handles, wire hangers, and custom-made springs. We offer custom fabrication services including design, engineering, prototype work (rapid prototyping), custom fabrication services, secondary operations, product finishing services, packaging and worldwide shipping. We offer competitive lead times to market for new designs or for Cotter Pins designed for a specific application.
You may call Western Wire Products Co. nationwide at 800-325-3770. Also, feel free to e-mail your questions about general products or custom fabrication service to: [email protected].
Standardized Cotter Pins for Diverse Market Sectors
Western Wire Products Co. offers the nation’s largest, in-stock line of Cotter Pins, including self-locking and Hammerlock styles. Our Standard Cotter Pins are “Extended Prong Chisel Point” and “Hammerlock” styles. We can of course fabricate a wide range of Cotter Pins and related products to meet a specific customer’s requirements. All sizes and shapes may be manufactured to a business customer’s specifications for varied industrial applications or market sector standards. We can fabricate complex wire forms utilizing over 100 pieces of production machinery that can accommodate CNC wire bending, CNC wire forming, multi-slide forming, four-slide forming or other wire forming services per production requests.
Our Cotter Pins are available in carbon steel, stainless steel, brass, Monel, copper, aluminum, high carbon steel, (plain or heat-treated) in special shapes, extra-long, as plain or plated fasteners; and, our standardized products are designed meet and exceed some of the most stringent specifications including Army-Navy MS24665 standards, and ASME B18.8.1 specifications. Western Wire Cotter Pins are of the highest quality and fabricated with man years of real-world manufacturing expertise.
Western Wire Products Co. offers standardized Cotter Pins, specifically, “Extended Prong Chisel Point” (available in 1/32” diameter through 1” dia. (5/8” through 1” square cut) and in the “Hammerlock” styles (Hammerlocks are fabricated for castellated nuts for quick, accurate assemblies and are available in 1/16” through 3/8” diameters; 9/64” diameter available for custom fabrications).
Our wide range of standardized styles meet a wide variety of standards and usage requirements. Our standardized Cotter Pins include:
- ASME B18.8.1 Specifications (Standard) – with variant products with minim and maximum sizes for shank diameters, wire widths, Head diameter (O.D.) and Extended Prong lengths; currently nominal size of basic pin diameter followed by Gauge Hole Diameter +/- 0.001 – 1/32” (0.047), 3/64” (0.062), 1/16”, (0.078), 5/64” (0.094), 3/32” (0.109), 7/64” (0.125), 1/8” (0.141), 9/64” (0.156), 5/32” (0.172), 3/16” (0.203), 7/32” (0.234), ¼” (0.266), 5/16” (0.312), 3/8” (0.375), 7/16” (0.438), ½” (0.500), 5/8” (0.625), and ¾” (0.750); please note that standard ¾” diameter Cotters are made of full size material at .750 +/- 0.035 and do not meet ASME specifications
- MS24665 Cotter Pins (NASM24665) – available as Cadmium-plated, stainless steel, brass and Monel; when brass Cotters are ordered to MS specifications, there is an additional charge for black oxide coating; please note that we manufacture several standardized sizes that meet specific MS and/or AN specifications; general sizes are ¼”, 5/16”, 3/8”, and ½”
- MS9245 Cotter Pins (AS9245) – corrosion and heat resistant steel (AS7211, Type 321 Stainless Steel) and available in various lengths per sizing at 1/32”, 1/16”, 3/32”, 1/8” and 5/32”
- Cotter Pins (Steel and Zinc-Coated) – standard wire diameter sizing with variant lengths and designs available; Zinc Yellow Chromate available on Extended Prong Chisel Point Style Cotters; 1/32”, 1/16”, 3/32”, 1/8”, 7/64”, 5/32”, 9/64”, 3/16”, ¼”, 7/32”, 5/16”, 3/8”, ½” and 7/16”; additional sizes available or for custom production
- Large Diameter Cotters – longer lengths, other finishing options and 1” diameter Cotters quoted on request; standard items stocked in plain steel; variant sizing available per each diameter sizing: 2/3”, ½”, 7/16”, 5/8” and full size at ¾”
- Aluminum Cotter Pins (Grade 5056) – several variant sizes for each diameter category standard; diameter categories are 1/16”, 3/32”, 5/32”, 3/16”, ¼”, 5/16” and 3/8”
- Steel (Phosphate-Coated) – meeting MS24665 standards and subsections; standard sizing at 1/16” and 1/8”
- Stainless Steel (Commercial Grade) – we offer several variants sizing and designs for standard diameters at 1/32”, 3/64”, 1/16”, 5/64”, 3/32”, 7/64”, 1/8”, 9/64”, 5/32”, 3/16”, 7/32”, ¼”, 5/16”, 3/8”, and ½”
- Metric Cotter Pins – available in 1.2 mm, 1.6 mm, 2 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.2 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6.3 mm, 8 mm with several variants at each size and available plain or with Zinc Yellow coating; Metric ASME B18.8.6M specifications at nominal diameters of 1.2 mm, 1.6 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.2 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.3 mm and 8.0 mm available
- Ring Cotters – MB Spring Wire, Zinc-coated or Type 302 Stainless Steel; four standard sizes available
- Wedge-Fast Cotters – available in 5/16” (2”, 2-½”, 3” and 3-½” with 3/8” hole sizing and variant minimum and maximum shaft diameters) or 3/8” (7/16”)
Additional Cotter Pin Variant Fabrications
Western Wire Products Co. also offers several styles of Cotter Pins as assorted sets that are ideal for resale or for distribution, or for automotive repair shops. We also manufacture several other styles of Cotter Pins available upon production requests including:
- Even End, Chisel Point Cotter Pins
- Even End, Taper Point Cotter Pins
- Extended Prong, Taper Point Cotter Pins – available with aligned assembly for easy insertion; available in 3/32” through 3/8” diameter sizing
- Humped Cotter Pins – available in 1/16” through ¼” wire diameters
- Self-Locking Cotter Pins – available in sizing up to 5/16” and are ideal for use in limited spaces
- Tee Head Cotter Pins
Western Wire Products Co. also manufactures various other styles of Cotters as including “R Clips” or Hair Pin Cotters, Double Loop Hair Pin Cotters, Pivot Point Hair Pin Cotters and our popular locking variants know as Bow-Tie Locking Cotter Pins or Rue-Ring Locking Cotter Pins. Of course we manufacture other variant fasteners such as Bridge Pins, Hair Pins, Hair Pin Clips, Hair Springs, Hair Spring Clips, Hair Spring Cotters, the previously mention R Clips and Hitch Pin Clips, as well.
Contact Western Wire Forms Co. for U.S. and International Shipping
Please contact Western Wire Products Co. direct for any inventory-stock purchases, requests for custom production lot runs, or for product information and domestic and international shipping options. Currently, we ship wire forms throughout the U.S., and to our business customers worldwide, including in Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, Europe, Japan and Asia, or Australia.
Request custom-made Cotter Pins to meet your company’s requirements. You may contact us to purchase bulk inventory stock items, or e-mail us ([email protected]) about your specific product and service requirements. You may contact Western Wire Products Co., or reach us by phone, nationwide at 800-325-3770.